• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

easy database management system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kooga_magnum

I need to develop a fairly simple database for a class and want to use Java to do this if possible because I am familiar with it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking mysql, and if so would there by any easy tutorials out there? thanks

Since this is in the MS forums, I'd suggest Access for simplicity. You could also use MSDE which is free from MS.

if i went with mysql do u know of any good tutorials that would make use of java? and how about any tutorials for access? our professor is just throwing us into this and he has no idea what he's doing anyways, he teaches us concepts but not database management systems

I would just check out the mysql documentation page here. This includes how to use it with java.

There was just a new release of mysql too. It has much better java support than access does as well, and works on many platforms. Plus, it's free, which is always nice.

Also, the forums on the mysql page can be helpful if you run into problems.

Back