• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-E deluxe and a Mobile 2600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

Can they work together. I have/had a Abit NF7-S rev.2 and apperently its crapped out. The only "good" alternative, being I dont want to go to a 65 bit is this one. Just curious if they will both work together. Im sure that there isnt any pin mods and such but I will mainly be using this with Linux and maybe oc it a bit.

Thanks, I wasnt expecting too but Im too poor to go 64 and I dont want to buy any additional hardware than I need to. I just want the ability of RAID and SATA. Do you know of any clocks that have been gotten using a mobile. Just want a ball park. Sure wish they still made the NF7, but such is life.

I have heard of people going over 2500MHz, but I'd guess and say the average range is 2300 to 2500. So, that's not bad at all. Good luck with it.

Well, I was running 2.5 before so if I can get close to that, cool. Thanks for your help rseven, now to find the cheapest price.

I'm limited by my old Thunderbird stock cooler. But yeah, the mobo ain't that bad. I can overvolt to 1.72 and boot 2400 but its not stable cause the temps just go past 60-65. I believe its stuck at 210 FSB though.

The Trats bios really helped me overcome the initial bus limitations that I have heard associated with the a7n8x. I have run stable @ 236-2T and 231-1T. The biggest pain in the arse about the 1T, 2T is you have to flash to change it is not changable in the BIOS But the 1T easily bests the 2T's higher clock in performance.

I found it :cool: here . I can only vouch for the 1013 version. When the kink first comes up you will see the 1012 scroll down it is in the first post. GL, let me know how it works out.

Just a thought, if your mem timings are tight back off a bit until you get dialed in while using the 1T.

One more note I renamed the file some thing smaller such as trat_1t.bin as I was having issues with C18e1013_1T.bin. Also I was unable to use the on flash utility to change after installtion of the trat bios, but if you have the flash utility on the floppy with a new bios the F2 option [F2 right?] will still work. I am attaching the correct awardflash utility for you.

If you would like some more inf on your mobo check out this retired sticky in our forums and this one at PC Perspective. If you search it out there is alot covered on the a7n8e mobos.

Attachments

• awdflash.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Back