• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dougan

I seem to have many problems this week =(. Anyways, I have a gateway computer that when you boot it up it shows a Gateway splash screen and locks that way. I cant get into the bios or anything. This was working fine one day and the next this happens. This is an older machine athlon 750 slot 1. So im curious if maybe its a bios thing or a Cpu? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Could be bad RAM, bad PSU, try reseating everything including CPU (maybe bad contact somewhere). Also clean out all the dust out of the system, as this seems like an OEM machine that was never/rarely opened.

The slot 1 has this plastic type housing that im having a hard time getting open. Usually there are 2 tabs that allow it to come off. Anyways I will try that.

I thought this as well, but I tried this fan in another computer and it was fine, also tried different fans in this computer and still nothing. Bizaare

Back