• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered a 7800GTX Go for my Dell 9300!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

Woot. They know I have a 9300 and they say it will work. all I need is the new AC and a bios flash. This is so cool. Came out to less than a regular price 7800GTX desktop chip. Called the rep that was posted at notebook forums and he ordered it no problems. So sweet. :) I post back when I get it up and running.

dicecca112 said:
wow talk about overkill for a notebook
not really its cheaper than a desktop card and this my only computer. Plus On ebay the 6800Go cards go for 200-300$ :santa: It will be a rather cheap upgrade for me.

what bios are they going to use? I was thinking of eventually doing the same for my 9300. you bought the card from dell?

You need to use the XPS2 bios... I have contemplated this upgrade, but i love my 3+ hours of battery time... let us know how it goes man.

I have considered this too... but I plan to wait till the price drops a little bit.... 400 is a little much for my budget...

on the otherhand I allready have the bios hacked and i have the part numbers of the heatsync and power brick saved...

ozzlo said:
I have considered this too... but I plan to wait till the price drops a little bit.... 400 is a little much for my budget...

on the otherhand I allready have the bios hacked and i have the part numbers of the heatsync and power brick saved...
Ozzlo the word on notbookforums is that the price is going to go UP, to like $699 in a week or 2...

Dang it! then I should get it now, but I don't want to spend cash right now.. Gahhh! Decisions!

Hmm 300 more is a big change....

i doubt this would work for my latitude that uses a x600 mobility.... but i am tempted to call and find out.

interesting, but i think my computer throw away money is going to other places at the moment... at least i have sometihng else to drool over now.

hey i live in the U.S. and i have a i9300 and i was just wondering two things:
1) is this available in the U.S.
2) what number did u call because i am seriously contemplating this
one thing i am worried about is the chipset heatsink. mine has a heatpipe actually taking up the space where the one for the new graphics card goes. thx in advance.

I canceled the order. I decided to put it into my desktop. And I shall be selling the laptop locally. Its just not worth it.

dude why don't you call the dude the notebook forums are talking about instead of buying it online... seriously $500 is way overpriced that guy has hooked some of em up with cards for 350-400

@Vengance_01
why is it not worth it? is it just too expensive? This is why I plan on waiting a few months... the price may peak right now because everyone and their dog wants one in their xps 2 system...

Plus I can get 1500$ for 9300. I built the desktop for about 1K and I get a much better system and save about 500-600$. Plus the desktop is much more upgradeable. I though I would be much more Moblie than I was and it did not happen.

well good luck to your future desktop system... it's hard to be mobile with a gigantic desktop replacement... but I have found many ways of making this beast more mobile with some special software and accesories... plus you can increase the 3d mark 05 score of your laptop by 2500pts just by overclocking the graphics card and getting better drivers giving you the peformance of just a few points shy of 6800 ultra scores... plus you can always do the pinmod to get a nice powerful processor... Just drop in if you change your mind and decide to keep your 9300 :D

I'd rather you just shipped it to me instead :p.

It would have made a kickarse gaming laptop for me :-O. I've only spent $950 on my Inspiron so far, and putting in a 7800GTX Go would be t3h shnizzle!

Back