• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im a toaly noob and need help with the basics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3vil_l337

Registered
first off, i dont even know where to get the software and such to OC my card. i know it sounds lame, but ive googled it, checked some of the more common sites, but i really dont know what im looking for, ive more then likely looked right at them and didnt know it. ANYWHO. as soon as that gets fixed. what is the best way to make sure you havent gone to far? and lastly where do i get 3dmarks?. i tried there site but its kinda late for me, so im probly jsut being a tard. im sorry for the WAY newbish post. but if someone could point me in the right deraction it would be loads of help. oh and in case it matters, ive got a saphire(sp) rapeon 9700pro. thank you to anyone kinda enough to help the newb :)
3vil_l337

The ATI Tool will help you find a stable overclock for your video card. You can download it here. It will test your overclock for artifacts which come from going too far. At that same website you will find plenty of benchmarking software. Bookmark the site because it's a great source for all kinds of downloads you may need in the future. Good luck and.....
:welcome: to the Forum! You have come to the right place. :thup:

hey thanks, i had a guy kind enough to send me the same link, i had a PS in a post in the procs section, i grabed riva tuner(thats what the guy suggested,) AND goooooo i jsut found out that 3dmarksa is 250+megs, on my crapy dsl, oh well it can wait til morning :) and will riva and the ati tuner freak out? or shold i stick with one, or does it matter? thank you oh so much. i feel like i may be able to do something now :p
3vil_l337

rapeon...i have never heard of that line of cards...
just kidding bro welcome to the forums!
i use ATI Tool too and i love it sooooo much.
good luck with the overclock and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
the only n00bish questions are the ones that you don't ask.

Back