• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is stock speed for 9800se so slow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rli123

Hi people

Why is my 9800se running so damn slow at 380/203 stock and only able to clock to 400/230 (8 pipelines) before I start getting artifacts using ATI tool?

Am I doing sumtin wrong or do I just have a crap card? :shrug:

Many thanks

Those were the clock back then 400/230 was pretty fast back then. It also does not help when the SE model is cut down from the faster 9800pro.

Because the RAM they used on these cards was slow.
400MHz on the core is respectable. If you want to go faster, you'll need a better cooler, and maybe vmods to really get the most out of that chip. But the 128bit memory width will really bottleneck the card.

Thanks for reply

I brought the card of ebay. I was hoping it was a decent card after abit of overclocking cos it is 128bit and has memory size of 256mb.

Not much I can do but to sell it then, even if i do open 8 pipes its still gonna be s**t.

Damn :bang head

Thanks

lol exactly, se = **** edition.. take the 92se for example.. my god, my old onboard gfx on the ga-7vm400m owned it when playing UT2k3 back in the day lol

Careface*

Back