• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i found the mobo i want to get.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=HN=- Wild9

yuppers i found it, the tyan tiger mp S2460
support dual athlon mp cpu's thats the bad part though, mp's are still expensive for the mp 1500 :( oh well i can affford 2 1.2 ghz ones though, i really want to try to hit 3 ghz w/o it getting really expensive. i even called tyan and asked them if that board would support t-birds or xp's they said nope, only mp cause it stands for multi proccesor. i said ok, and i think tyan is the only company that makes dual cpu mobos for amd high end cpu's. i found the mobo on pricewatch for $206 which im sure i can convince my parents to get it for me for my b-day, which is the 25th of this month :D :D :D

Duallie?

If your into "Duallies", go here, for anything with 2, CPU's or more. I believe that that mobo actually will run TBirds, and XP's, but not "officially", as far as Tynan goes. The bummer is that they are very difficult to overclock. Some people have found ways to get around it (duh!), and you will find out who, and how, on the site above.

Good luck with your journey, and let us know where it takes you........

Doctor

i did read the article from anandtech and found that the board i was looking at does not support changing the multiplier clock
only the fsb and that is by changing pin combinations around
said it was not very good for overclocking enthusists.
hmmmm gonna have to start looking again.

Back