• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

939 with onboard video?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmat

Registered
Is there such a mobo out there? I'm building for my sister, and could go the Barton Socket A route and find tons of mobos with onboard video (she won't need any more than that for a while) but I'm curious to know if there are any stable socket 939 mobos with onboard video. That way, if she can afford to upgrade at some point, we would only have to worry about adding a video card and maybe a better A64, but we wouldn't have to start from scratch (ie--buy another mobo and processor).

If you check at Newegg you will see 11 different socket 939 boards with on-board video. They are all Micro ATX boards. There are boards from most of the major chipset manufacturers. I know nothing about their stability but I assume they work decently.

Thanks rseven. I thought maybe someone would have some experience with one of these and comment on it's reliability---but I'll take a shot with one on the list.

Great link---I was leaning toward this board, even though I have never used anything by biostar. Thanks again for your help!

Again, you are welcome. Biostar has a so, so rep, but this does look like a good chipset. There may be others coming out soon.

Hey guys, I know this is a kinda old post, but I thought I would give you guys some info on this board. I put together a comp this past w/e for my g/f for xmas. I used a Apsire Q-Pack sff case, with this biostar Tforce 6100 socket 939. I put an AMD64 3000+ , and 2x256 patriot xbl ram (2-2-2-5 at 3200, and 3-4-4-8 at 4200), I also got a zalman Fatal1ty FS-c77 cpu cooler. so far the system is running great. I have just started to push the HTT. right now I am at 210 HTT with mem at 2-2-2-5. The bios on this mobo is freaking sweet for a mirco atx board! better then some full atx boards i've had. the built-in memtest is AWESOME! I left it running this last night when i went to bed...still going strong this morning... gonna bump the HTT up more when i get home from work today. I should be able to get a really decent oc i think. aiming for like 250+ x9.. have to see how far this ram goes.. 300HTT may be dreaming...but it would be damn sweeet! I did notice a jumper on the board for Dram Voltage.... :shrug: it said in the bios something about if the voltage is >3.0 then you should change the jumper from default to "" configuration. Not sure what that is all about... Also, I am not sure if it is possible to OC the integrated graphics?? I could use some more impressive scores in games.. She is thinking about trying out her hand at some CS:Source..

Let me know what you guys think,
Thanks,
Eric

Wow! Sounds promising! Thanks for the update and info eric003!

Well, it sounds like the positive review was correct. (You never know) There is nothing like hearing from members on their experience with a product. Your input is appreciated, Eric003.

Hey guys, so far so good, I got home and memtest ran fine. I bumped it up to 220 HTT and it is running again.. (2.7V dram, at 2-2-2-5) Also, one thing I noticed...You can give a set amount of your system ram for the onboard video to use as IT'S memory...kind of interesting...I had originally set 128mb, and then later noticed in windows that it said I had 384.... I hadn't realized that it give it the 128 wether it was using it or not...thats kinda weird I think... I dont know what kind of performance graph that would make...[memory buffer for gpu VS. System memory performance] have to check on that later once i get some games and futuremark products installed. Anyway, I got some goodies for you guys :)
check out my post on this other thread I got some pictures! :cool:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=4149924#post4149924

Back