• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g0dM@n's Opteron 144 CAB2E 0540FPMW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
I just had 20 min to kill during my lunch break, and here is what I got the chip to boot into windows at (so far):

THIS IS AT STOCK VOLTAGE!!!

315x9opty.jpg

I couldn't boot at 318x9, and 317x9 gave me a blue screen.

I used a low divider at 7/10 on my UTT ram @ 3.2v, so you never know if that's what caused the problem.

I will be doing more testing most likely tonight. I'll probably push 1.65v to it, and I'm still debating on removing the IHS or not.

Even if it's unstable at that speed since you've not upped the vcore that thing looks like a very promising chip. i can't wait to see the results of further testing

Excellent Godman! Can't wait to see what else you can get out of it.

And now I wait for mine to get here *grumble* ;)

default vcore and 2835mhz :)
this another cpu from g0dM@n :)
give this bayby more volt and let us see 3gig :) :)

damn!!! these opterons are looking more and more attractive! im seriously considering a dual core opty on the strength of all these positive relults...

I have another on the way, but I have that promised to someone else in a trade. I think the other one on the way is also CAB2E if I'm not mistaken.

CAB2E is a new stepping, and so far I'm the only one with a 144 from the looks of it.

LOL... I left work for lunch, and went straight home to pop this thing in. My poor venice is sitting on my desk right now. At default voltage, my 3000+ Venice did 273x9 prime stable, and ~285-289fsb to boot to windows.

My aim is 3ghz stable. I may break it, but that's what my goal is.

That's great g0dM@n! When did you get it and where from? All that waiting paid of didnt it? LOL!

Here's to you my friend :beer:

I had preorders here and there, cancelled some, kept some. Dreamhardware.com, tankguys.com, techonweb.com... there's a lot more that still do preorders.

Tankguys has one being sent to me today, supposedly. That one is gonna be the same stepping, but I cannot use that one, as it was promised into a trade with spydeymon.

I also have one supposed to be shipping from TankGuys today or tomorrow. They havn't verified the stepping on this cuz they said they were recieving them today, and shipping them out tomorrow. I'm expecting a CAB2E as well. It's cool to look at your results first GodMan, very nice!

J.

Yeah, I got that message too. I was originally told that it would ship out last week Friday, or today, but I guess it'll go tomorrow.

In any case, FedEx Home delivery says "(2 days)" next to it. I'm assuming that's good news, lol.

I really wish I could be testing it right now, but I'll be home in a lil over 3 hours, so sit tight!

If anyone has some advice, please lemme know... I want to yank the IHS off so badly, but I wanna see if I can break 3ghz stable without removing it.

I'm tempted to take off the IHS on mine when it gets here simply because of the results people are having.

Looking forward to more results Godman, best of luck!

g0dM@n said:
Yeah, I got that message too. I was originally told that it would ship out last week Friday, or today, but I guess it'll go tomorrow.

In any case, FedEx Home delivery says "(2 days)" next to it. I'm assuming that's good news, lol.

I really wish I could be testing it right now, but I'll be home in a lil over 3 hours, so sit tight!

If anyone has some advice, please lemme know... I want to yank the IHS off so badly, but I wanna see if I can break 3ghz stable without removing it.

I would see what kinda temps you get at around 1.6v before yanking that IHS. We would hope they'd do a better job seating the IHS on the opterons than they've been doing with the venice cores. If the IHS is mounted properly then you'd only gain a couple degrees by removing it. If the temps seem unreasonably high then yank that sucka off there.

J.

Well, I'm on watercooling anyways, so I can push up to 1.7v if I wanted really.

My temps won't break 45-46C load on my venice at ~1.7v

I've seen in a few threads 'round about that the CAB2E's aren't scaling very well with higher voltages. Of course, there is only a bit of info here an there about opty's with this stepping, so I'd take that with a grain of salt. I'm very interested in seeing myself what I can get. I'm running water as well, and hope I can use 1.65 or so with good benefits.

J.

It's still a great improvement over my Venice, as I get the 1mb cache, and I'm going to say that worst case scenario I should be able to stabilize 2.8ghz+.

me too i want mine :) i hope mine does the same :)
i couldnt hold out so i ordered a dual opti also so i might have this 144 in the classies if the opti does good for me :)

I've been checking the fedex to see when my CAB2Es are supposed to arrive. However, since friday it has said "billing information recieved". I hope my chips are on the way and not just sitting at Tankguy's wherehouse.

BBigJ said:
I've been checking the fedex to see when my CAB2Es are supposed to arrive. However, since friday it has said "billing information recieved". I hope my chips are on the way and not just sitting at Tankguy's wherehouse.

Nope, they are on the way. I noticed that today too... I'm not sure why, but all our orders said the same thing.

All I can think is that the pickup came really late on Friday, and that maybe FedEx sat on them until this morning. They definitely left Friday though.

The others will hopefully be leaving tomorrow morning, they showed up about an hour ago here. I'll be getting them opened up to verify steppings soon.

The *only* hitch for us will be if our shipping materials don't show up today... if they don't, I'll have to run and buy some from some retailer this evening, because I'd like to stick to our shipping date if possible!

Back