• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it me or did "basic" cards about triple in price?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darufe

I mean for the past couple years you "could" get away with a 150ish canadian dollar video card.
run every game at that time at full graphics without lag and be stuck playing ultra low quality within a year.

Now a while back (about 2 months tops) i got a 6200turbocache 256meg card without doing any reading or checking any benchmarks.
figured hey its a gforce 6 i need a pcie card with this new mobo it should do the job.
Quite frankly its the lamest piece of... ive ever seen. most 100$ agp cards beat it EASILY.
So taking the 6200 out of the basic video card for a temporary couple month solution this leaves us with the 6600 beeing the low budget temporary card as the 6200 cant even run 3 year old games at full graphics (not even counting AA)
So far from my shopping in canada i cant find a 6600gt for under 300$
300$ for a low end card? is it me thats getting ultra cheap with old age or does this not make sense?

This *cough* 6200 card can barely get 3k pts in 3dmark 2k3..........
Im getting better framerates on the airplane test in cpu mode!!!!

Somebody help me out here and recommend a good option that isnt gonna run me 500cad for a basic card?

or did i just get a totaly defective card or something?!

i'm not sure if i should break something or just get used to playing "miss pacman 3d" or "pong" till this madness ends.

got my 6800le for $130 and it plays everything pretty damn good, even before unlocking and overclocking it.

a friend of mine got a 6200 and he hates it too.

You can get a 6200 Turbbocache for $50 in the US, $30 refurbished from Newegg. Somebody give this man a few new places to shop!

I dont know what your talking about. Ncix.com sells 6600GT cards for $160 cdn all the time. they are always on sale and always going down in price. I paid about $300 for mine when they were a little newer, but mine has vivo. if you dont wnat that, they get as low as $150 with MIR.
hell, $230 gets you an x800gto.

Back