• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trace Tape for XP's!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cowanrg

hey everyone, just got done talking with Tony at Plycon computers, and the are getting trace tape made just for the XP's friday.

here are the details:

3 sets per pack. (you can do the chip 3 times with 1 pack).
each pack costs $24.95
traces are solid gold
raised in the middle to bypass the pits

so... these things look promising. people have noted that the trace tape in the past hasnt worked right, but after reading a bit, and noticing that its best to put a CPU pad spacer (the little round things on the edge of the chip) right on top of the tape. this presses it down when your HSF is attached, giving you solid contact. not to mention the whole deal is all gold contacts.

i WILL order a pack of these, but i will only need 1. if 2 other people want to contact me and pay like $6 each, i can share. (i will just ship in envelope, so i wont charge shipping).

Nice!

They were talking about this in a forum earlier, but using electrical tape to cover the pits on trace tape.

I would like to know how this works for you when you get the kit. I might be interested in trying it out too.

Ill need a riser too.
(oooh pretty new blue and purple ones out now)
:p

Sammael
5ive 5ive

cowanrg said:
hey everyone, just got done talking with Tony at Plycon computers, and the are getting trace tape made just for the XP's friday.

here are the details:

3 sets per pack. (you can do the chip 3 times with 1 pack).
each pack costs $24.95
traces are solid gold
raised in the middle to bypass the pits

so... these things look promising. people have noted that the trace tape in the past hasnt worked right, but after reading a bit, and noticing that its best to put a CPU pad spacer (the little round things on the edge of the chip) right on top of the tape. this presses it down when your HSF is attached, giving you solid contact. not to mention the whole deal is all gold contacts.

i WILL order a pack of these, but i will only need 1. if 2 other people want to contact me and pay like $6 each, i can share. (i will just ship in envelope, so i wont charge shipping).
I would love to "go in" on this with ya. Let me know how you want to handle the details!

couldn't they make them out of silver? silver may tarnish but hey it is way cheaper adn we could make our own I think I am going to try but I will have to see if I can get some super thin silver for enamel work. I want "IN" if you don't have enough people already maybe Tony could send some to Overclockers.com to do a review. I know it would generate a lot of press if we had that article on the front page.

Back