• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800GTX 512...where is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H4Z4RD0US

Hasnt it been said that it should be released november 7? I am looking forward to getting this card if it beats the X1800XT, but are there any scores out there? I have never even seen it besides the evga site and zipzoomfly which arent selling it now? Where exactly is this upcoming titan? :shrug:

It's supposed to be 649 according to the Inquirer that the people here like to get their news from. It has been said that newegg will take off the 49 though and make it only 600. I sure hope they do.

mwave.com has them selling for 799.99 before tax and shipping....ouch

Once it is officially released and available from The Egg, Zip etc. price has to come down. These guys are the first ones to sell it and trying to make an extra buck, or thousands, while they can. One guy on another forum who lives close to them called and they confirmed they have them in stock, and he said he's heading over there now to pick one up tonight. :shrug:

Modded Logic said:
Once it is officially released and available from The Egg, Zip etc. price has to come down. These guys are the first ones to sell it and trying to make an extra buck, or thousands, while they can. One guy on another forum who lives close to them called and they confirmed they have them in stock, and he said he's heading over there now to pick one up tonight. :shrug:
:0

Waiting for him to post some benchmarks... ... ...

I want two of these in SLI when I build my new rig in a couple weeks. Hopefully price when officially released will land somewhere around the $600 mark, or I will have to sell a kidney or something. I heard you can live an almost normal life with only one kidney. :p

I wonder what I can get at water cooling! is 580 MHz going to beat the X1800XT? Im not too familiar with videocards technology all that great. I mean the way I see it. the X1800XT with 625 MHz is more Mhz than the Nvidia...I know theres something that makes hte nividias low clock speeds of course not matter..kinda like an AMD and Intel thing, can someone explain?

yea I know, hence why AMD> Intel for meh. But I dont understand the way it works with video cards? what makes this GTX so special

I have an ATI Radeon Saphire X850XT... I'm bored of it... the software sux... the performance sux (guess what game... FEAR of course) I wanted to change to a X1800XT but first I wanted to ask for more information and that's why I am here...

I've read that the 7800GTX is better than the X1800XT, really??...

what would you guys recommend?... I mean... between the 7800GTX, X1800XT or wait for the 7800GTX 512MB?...

other question (in case that you recommend the nVidia)... what's the best brand?... I don't want to buy the more expensive just thinking the expensive things are better... these are the brands (from cheaper to more expensive):

3D Fuzion
eVGA 256-P2-N525-AX
Albatron
MSI
Biostar
PNY
AOpen
eVGA 256-P2-N528-AX
Leadtek
XFX
ASUS
eVGA 256-P2-N538-AX
BFG
eVGA 256-P2-N529-AX

if you have another model in mind please let me know... (PCI-E x16)

Back