• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is This The New G7!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

Here's something I found. Cathar, is this the new block?
g71.jpg
g72.jpg
g73.jpg
g74.jpg

Here's the site I found it at:
http://www.nokytech.net/photos_du_storm_g7-4663-a.html
Go to http://babelfish.altavista.com and put in the adress. Then choose translate from french to english to read what it says.

Is it just me or does every version have more holes? If any of you have a mill and some extra money, try to drill some more holes and see if you can make something neat. Obviously that's not ALL there is to the greatness of the Storm blocks, but it could be part of it.

Yeah, he had a thread on this a while back, G7 has more holes than the G5, and I think anything past the G7 would be next to impossible to machine. I'll go hunting for the thread now.

EDIT: Here ya go

Wow. I saw "g7" and thought you posted something about this:
g7_9.jpg

Is he now however, selling the G7 to the public?

wfarid said:
correct me if i'm wrong here, but if cathar does make the g7, and he DOES decide to sell it, its going to cost A LOT more than what the g5 cost. So the g5 cost around 240usd i believe, so the g7 will cost around 350-400usd. And for most of you with mcp600's (655s), hydors, whatever, you'll see almost no gain. Maybe 1 degrees... For those of you with iwakis and the like, you'll maybe see a more significant gain...

I mean everything is still VERY early in testing and what not, but only the REAL hardcore people with iwakis and crazier pumps will see any benefits--more than 1 degree...

The WDP Angel G7 is quite possibly my favorite paintball gun ever made. I'm a hardcore paintball addict and that is probably my dream gun.. [hijack over]

Meh, all angels are just repackaged and teaked slightly. I'd still rather pick up an old led or angel speed. (Still gotta love mags though)

But anyway... Didn't cathar talk about the storm series reaching a wall?

Cathar said:
Soon(ish). Am presently awaiting machine time from the machinists, along with a final quote. It's all held up on them at the moment.

You're in line for machine time for a few display models, or for the first wave?

edit: What type of metal is that base plate made of, the one with the cups?

Jame Gumb said:
You're in line for machine time for a few display models, or for the first wave?

edit: What type of metal is that base plate made of, the one with the cups?

For the first (only?) wave of blocks.

The baseplate is made from >99.995% purity silver.

Ok, I was about to say, that second picture didn't look like brushed aluminum. What's the thickness of the base compared to the storm's base? *sorry for so many questions

edit: In the third picture at the bottom left you can see it looks like it was hand grinded?

bah mags.. there is a reason that they are going under, as far as vikings go too clunky but fast and accurate. if you have ever held a newer angel you would know the difference. You would feel it immediately and love it. as for the storm series reaching a wall... Would he be working on the G7 if it had? Why not produce a product that drops the temperature another 5 degress at best? 5 degrees is five degrees! Even if that isnt incentive to upgrade, which it probably isnt, then people who are getting into it for the first time will have a crack at the best.

Back