• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Utterly Speechless...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LabRat23

Butchered 7800

Butchered 7800

Attachments

• 7685.jpg
    7685.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Oh sorry, didnt know it was old. I didn't know if it was a fake or what.

btw, that was pretty darn quick on the reply there 9mm.

Thanks scott. I'm guessing a chop job on an already dead card or a photo edit.

If people would use more descriptive thread titles and start posts, searching for stuff already posted would be alot easier.

Sjaak said:
If people would use more descriptive thread titles and start posts, searching for stuff already posted would be alot easier.
Sjaak said:
They invented the search button for that

You just said people aren't putting up descriptive titles, so how does the search feature find something titled totally different from what they want to post? Plus, you except people to take an hour to read 50+ results in order to not post something twice? Yeah right! I see no need to walk on eggshells, if it has been posted twice or a few times who cares? Shut the thread down if it's that big of a deal. The only ones keeping it "alive" are members who have already read a similar thread that feel the need to be redundant and say
"old"
"old"
"old"

That's the first time I've seen that.

If everyone would put up a descriptive thread title, the search might actually yield some good results. *if* the thread starter here would have searched for 'mutilised nvidia card' he would've found very little because threads like this are usually like 'OMG look at this ROTFLMAO!'

Nivdia 7800
Showing results 1 - 193 pages

Nivdia 7800 broke
Showing results 1 - 4 pages (none show the same picture as above)

So how many searches should one do? Why do so many searches? Why waste the time?
I'd post it thinking that the other members would be less of a pedantic, niggling breed.

Better spend a few minutes longer in searching then posting a useless thread (not neccesarily this one). More threads = more space = slower forums.

If it were a problem "old multiple threads" would be deleted off the site. Are they? I guess this one will be gone tomorrow.

edit: I'm not trying to argue with you because in a perfect world that would be great. I'm just saying in these cases it's not feasible spending more than a few minutes searching.

Old threads are kept so that new members with the same questions don't need to post the same thing over and over again. Same goes for stickies. Consider it a sort of library. If there is already an extensive book on a certain subject, better find it instead of writing your own one.

Back