• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump overheating?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OperativeSix

Well, my 1250 didn't seem to be able to quite cut it with regards to my "new" loop; a storm, BIX3 mounted in my case's ceiling, and about 7 feet of tubing all just resulted in fairly low flow rates--the water was literally just dribbling out of the radiator's outlet.

So, I got myself a new pump :)

Pan-World NH-40PX, very similar to Iwaki's, and made by the former lead engineer IIRC. I get it all set up, and it works marvelously; the thing has an astounding amount of head, but i'm concerned with the pump's heat. As-is, the thing is scorchingly hot; I can't even keep my hand on it for more than ~10 seconds before it starts to hurt. This can't possibly be normal; i've got my 1250 back in for now...but is it normal? It's dumping some heat into the loop, but the temperatures have dropped about 2 degrees, and with the GPU block i'll be adding eventually the extra flow rate is needed.

...but damn this thing is running hot :shrug:

Its completely normal.

My md-30rz get incredibly hot, but they have a cutoff on them in case they get too hot. And hey, at all least the heat isnt going into the water :)

Last edited:
Phextwin said:
Its completely normal.

My md-30rz get incredibly hot, but they have a cutoff on them in case they get too hot. And hey, at least the heat isnt going into the water :)
Oh yes it is.

Back