• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

html/flash voting system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxxoverclocker

Hey, I’ve got a project for one of my classes, we have four films up on the school web site and my teacher wants people to be able to vote for their favorite one. They don’t need to be able to see the results all we need is a tally of how many ‘votes’ each film got and we can post the results later. What would be the easiest way to go about doing this using flash or html? thanks :)

kayson said:
I'd probably use html. You can set up a form to email the form contents to whatever email you want. <form method="post" action="mailto:[email protected]">

lol could you care to go more in depth into that? as in what parameters i would have to set on the form? thx a bunch

That's it. As long as you have the mailto: thing in there, you're good to go. It will email it to you in one long string though, but if you don't have too many options it shouldn't be too hard to decode.

yeah html will probabbly be easier out of the two unless you find a tut for a php one which i wold probably do to tell the truth as it's ment to be pretty easy to learn tho ive ot tried yet im dabbling with abit of CSS so try php!

The results will be there for all to see then :)

Xoligy said:
yeah html will probabbly be easier out of the two unless you find a tut for a php one which i wold probably do to tell the truth as it's ment to be pretty easy to learn tho ive ot tried yet im dabbling with abit of CSS so try php!

The results will be there for all to see then :)

hehe yeah i wanted to do that but apparently the server doesn't support php or mysql so im out of luck

ph well my plain hit the crapper then lol let us know how you do it anyway mate just a pm will do as i always forget about these posts! :p

Alright. I am branching off from the HTML idea. I decided I would write a few lines of sample code that you could use. I am assuming you know what a comment is: "<!-- Comment -->", and within the comment it says what to add.

<P>Pick Your Favorite Movie to "Watch"...</P>
<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="/cgi-bin/joepoll.cgi">

<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="QUESTION" VALUE=""> Girls Gone Wild<BR>
<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="QUESTION" VALUE=""> Girls Gone Wild 2<BR>
<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="QUESTION" VALUE=""> Girls Gone Wild 3<BR><BR>

<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="View Results...">
<!-- Add Code for "View Results..." Button, and add code to save results as a variable -->
</FORM>

tspier2 said:
Alright. I am branching off from the HTML idea. I decided I would write a few lines of sample code that you could use. I am assuming you know what a comment is: "<!-- Comment -->", and within the comment it says what to add.

<P>Pick Your Favorite Movie to "Watch"...</P>
<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="/cgi-bin/joepoll.cgi">

<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="QUESTION" VALUE=""> Girls Gone Wild<BR>
<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="QUESTION" VALUE=""> Girls Gone Wild 2<BR>
<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="QUESTION" VALUE=""> Girls Gone Wild 3<BR><BR>

<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="View Results...">
<!-- Add Code for "View Results..." Button, and add code to save results as a variable -->
</FORM>
rofl. where's the "All of the above" option?

Back