• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lagging Problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steven5210

Registered
Ok I've been haveing this problem for a while. For some weird reason when I'm playing games like warcraft III or Counter strike source sometimes the game gets super laggy it's so bad that the mouse can barely move at all. Then after like 2-5 seconds it goes back to normal. But in counter strike the same thing happens and when this happens my frames drop to like 5 or 10. I dont think it is my graphic card as when this happened on my Geforce mmx440 I bought a geforce 6800nu. I still have the problems. I emailed the tech support for EVGA and they said it sounds like a ram problem with the video card. I even installed the game to my 2nd harddrive which is brand new with barely anything on it.

ram problem w/ video as in the ram on the video? ifso send it back to evga and get a new one? But before tha try running drivercleaner and reinstall your drivers?

Anything in the background? Some programs like AV programs may be eating up some CPU power once in a while. Try to unload redundant programs before running games.

I don't think that could be the problem because the only things I have running in the background is McAfee firewall, Antivirus, Microsoft Antispyware and that should be the only things running in the background.

Hmm...my friend had a similar problem but that was just because of some spyware he had, but you have a spyware program already. Try taking out everything except for the antivirus and see how that goes. Also how many processes do you have running?

the same thing happens to me when I'm playing Call of Duty 2.

It runs fine most of the time then every once in a while.. it lags massively so I can't even aim correctly cause it feels like back in the day when i had 14000 ping on Diablo 2. Then after a couple seconds it's smooth again... wierd.

Anyways, how would someone differentiate between a video card lag problem and some other hardware problem (ie. RAM)?

Steven5210 said:
Ok I've been haveing this problem for a while. For some weird reason when I'm playing games like warcraft III or Counter strike source sometimes the game gets super laggy it's so bad that the mouse can barely move at all. Then after like 2-5 seconds it goes back to normal. But in counter strike the same thing happens and when this happens my frames drop to like 5 or 10. I dont think it is my graphic card as when this happened on my Geforce mmx440 I bought a geforce 6800nu. I still have the problems. I emailed the tech support for EVGA and they said it sounds like a ram problem with the video card. I even installed the game to my 2nd harddrive which is brand new with barely anything on it.

Do you have a USB printer with 2 way communications driver? Sounds like it checks it every few minutes... Or you are badly infected with spyware...Just a guess.

Hmm not sure about the 2 way communication driver thing but my printer is connected thru my USB. I scanned like every once in a while and it doesn't seem to be it. I set my page file min and max at 2000mb. I dont think it can be the printer because it seems to happen on my brothers computer too but for him its not even that bad, barely noticable.

Do you have the printer software installed? Does it sit in your system tray? If so, close it, and see if the problem goes away...

Wow seems pretty weird that Im not alone with this problem! Nope I always close the printer icon as soon as the computer starts. But im quite sure its not the printer because on my brothers computer he doesn't even have a printer installed. I hope this problem is solveable!

Back