• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you make a p4 power supply boot an AMD mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowdr

I had a power supply go bad.I do not have another one that is AMD to use but have a couple of p4's that should work,however I cannot get the power switch to work.I did jump two wires on the connector and plugged it in and the mobo's led lights up but will not boot.Is it possible to mod the connectors to make it work?

Umm... AFAIK there is no such thing as a P4 power supply. There are some ATX PSUs that are labeled "P4 ready", bu they are still ATX and should work with both. What problem are you having with the connectors? They should be the same.

It just means its certified, or designed to the P4's power requirements.

Yes it will work in an AMD board, 20pin ATX is 20pin ATX thats all there is to it.

omg nooooooo, that would be like trying to use a box of Macintosh screen wipes on a PC monitor!!!!111111

j/k :D

What Gnufsh said. BUT HP, Acer etc have been known to make some wierdass non standard supplies so if it's out of one of those, then check all the volts are in the right holes.

Back