• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My old stuff needs a home

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I want some opinion on where to put my old stuff in, I don't have a case and i don't want to spend the money on getting one since I don't even have the space or need for a fourth pc. I have a nf7 with a athlon xp-m 2600+ 2x256mb of kingmax ram, a fortron 530w, a Tt volcano 12 and a GF4 ti4800se, and I was just going to mount everything on a piece of wood or whatever, but if you guys have a good idea I'm willing to give them a try. This is going to be a pc just for modding, right now I'm working on putting the hsf that came with my x2 on the Gf4, and then I think I'll try volt modding it.

if you want to go ghetto, people have put there computers in cardboard boxes...
You could make a simple box out of mdf or plywood. It wouldnt cost much and it would look better then just a bunch of hardware laying on a shelf.

Get a mailbox, see if you can mount it in there, or a microwave. How about in one of your desk drawers?

I like the mailbox idea, too bad we don't use those around here, while in class this afternoon I was thinking of putting it in a briefcase, it would be kind of interesting.

Vio1 said:
briefcase mods have been done... quite a bit infact

Very true.

I dont see why not use a mailbox? I have lots of ideas if i were to ever use one as a case :)

So then no briefcase, I'll keep an eye open for a mailbox that I can use.

toss it in a monitor.......or toss it underneath a recliner and boom.....lazy-puter :D

or in a subwoofer/big speaker box.....im just throwing stuff out there

I apreciate the ideas, that is what I want, see I'm not a very creative guy wanting to do somethign creative and any suggestion is cool, the problem is that some of the stuff I'd have to buy :) and I didnt want to spend money on, if in the end I can't find anything I'll just buy one of those super cheap cases and mod that, but that is not too creative.

i like the recliner idea.......or even a couch will do :D.......find 1 that someone threw out and boom free case........thats what im doin.......well eventually

i have a pc built in a partical board case that i spent like 10 minutes making, it works great.

if you got an old monitor lyin around, you could try get it in there ^^

aye, but i wouldnt recommend taking a monitor apart. They hold are charge for freaking forever

n1nj4 said:
aye, but i wouldnt recommend taking a monitor apart. They hold are charge for freaking forever

Just make sure you don't touch any of the capacitors, and if you do, use only one hand.

Back