• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which mobo, Asus or DFI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H4Z4RD0US

Since the 7800GTX 512 will probably beat the X18000XT, I am deciding to get it for SLI. Anyway, I am trying to decide on a mobo to choose from. THe asus with the 2 x16 PCI-E bridges or DFI lanparty SLI-DR, I need one that can overclock good. but also give off better gaming performance. I havent had experience with any of them, so it would be appreciated if I can get some feedback :shrug:

I'm happy with my DFI. The board seems quick at stock, and it's one heck of an overclocker after you get past figuring out the myriad settings in it's bios. Alot of people do have problems with the DFI. It's a picky board, and can take some time to get it stable even at default settings. I do not have hands on experience with the ASUS 939 boards, but I would believe them to be more stable out of the box but aquire less of an overclock than the DFI.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

J.

DFI's support and RMA has been down right disgusting and rude and not even the slightest bit helpful. I'd go with the asus or pray theres nothing wrong with your DFI.

It is true tat the DFI board overclocks very well and is overly complicated. The Asus is very stable, but not a good overclocker. To limit yourself to these two choices is to lock yourself into two extremes. The EP-9NPA+ Ultra SLI is a good middle ground choice. It overclocks quite well, but not as well as the DFI. However, it is much simpler to use and less finicky about settings. As an added bonus it cost less too.

If you want to gamble go with DFI, if you want a sure fire solid board with good support go with the Asus

Back