• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recommend me a case? (& PSU)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SLy CaT

Registered
well, here are the specs of the computer i hope to get.

A8N-SLI Premium
Athlon X2 4400
eVGA 6800GS PCI-E
2x 512mb ram
200 to 250gb SATA HD
dvd writer

anyway, i'm looking for a case... one without a door in the front. i just plain dont like them. usb in the front is also needed... audio jacks in the front would be nice aswell ;) anyone know of any?

i found ANTEC SLK1650B Black MID-TOWER 3X5.25 5X3.5 ATX12V 350W @ ncix.com

apparently it has "24 pin PSU with dual 12v rails, one 10A the other 15A" according to a member at ncix.

would it be safe to use the PSU included with the case? If not i might be getting Fortron FSP/SPI AX500-A 500W ATX12V 2.0 24PIN Blue Storm Power Supply W/ 120MM Fan Retail mainly because its so many watts and my bro says that the lil number thingys (volts or w/e.. that are listed on the psu) are very good. comments?

oi... buying a new computer is frustrating..

The Fortron Blue Storm is a very good PSU, and they are affordable.

Cases, on the other hand, are a matter of personal preference....you'll need to be much, much more specific with what you are looking for.

deception``

Definitely go for the Fortron PSU.

Antec makes really good budget cases, but most of their stuff has doors. The case you link looks to be the baby brother of the really good door models, but it might get a tad small. Coolermaster and Lian-Li have some basic midtowers with USB and audio out without doors, which looks like what you're looking for.

for the case? probably around 125$ or less? i dont like all those glass sidings and neon glows, so i suppose an "office" look.. preferably with lots of holes for air to escape....

i'l check those out matteo. they all look pretty good so far. thanks.

thought about the psu a bit more. i'm definitely going to buy the fortron. ;) now gotta find a case =\ whats with all the doors on cases? are they even useful <.<;;

Last edited:
The Coolermaster Centurion 5 sounds great for you, it's very simple looking but it's pleasing to the eye. The front is covered by an all aluminum mesh that passively cools the computer, but it has foam inserts behind it so the dust can't get in. You can easily take off the front bezel to clean the foam too. It has one 80mm fan in the front, one 120mm in the back, and room for another 80mm fan on the side. It stays very cool with its stock cooling though, and the fans are very silent. It has a funnel on the side where you can put the 80mm fan, so you may leave it there or not. It has a tooless design for all of the drive bays and all expansion slots, it has a very good layout that allows alot of room for a mid-tower case, and the outside has a very pleasing professional look to it. Nice and sleek. And it also has 2 USB ports, a microphone jack, headphone jack, and Firewire port on the front of the case.

LordDarik said:
The Coolermaster Centurion 5 sounds great for you, it's very simple looking but it's pleasing to the eye. The front is covered by an all aluminum mesh that passively cools the computer, but it has foam inserts behind it so the dust can't get in. You can easily take off the front bezel to clean the foam too. It has one 80mm fan in the front, one 120mm in the back, and room for another 80mm fan on the side. It stays very cool with its stock cooling though, and the fans are very silent. It has a funnel on the side where you can put the 80mm fan, so you may leave it there or not. It has a tooless design for all of the drive bays and all expansion slots, it has a very good layout that allows alot of room for a mid-tower case, and the outside has a very pleasing professional look to it. Nice and sleek. And it also has 2 USB ports, a microphone jack, headphone jack, and Firewire port on the front of the case.
Or the stacker if you have the space. I like plain and simple myself and this thing is a beauty.

LordDarik said:
The Coolermaster Centurion 5 sounds great for you

wow, i was looking at some information about it.. sounds excellent. i like how its tooless when installing pci cards.. yet you can still use screws if the plastic breaks apart or something.

the only downfall is having to unscrew a frontpanel if installing something new on the front... but thats VERY rare.. so its not really a con... ;)

however, does it have led lights or something? at one of the review pages i was looking through, it showed blue led lights.. http://www.extrememhz.com/centurion5-p3.shtml would it be easy to disconnect? i dont like led lights on computers.. <.<;;

i'm probably going to go for this case. thanks for the excellent suggestion lorddarik

SLy CaT said:
wow, i was looking at some information about it.. sounds excellent. i like how its tooless when installing pci cards.. yet you can still use screws if the plastic breaks apart or something.

the only downfall is having to unscrew a frontpanel if installing something new on the front... but thats VERY rare.. so its not really a con... ;)

however, does it have led lights or something? at one of the review pages i was looking through, it showed blue led lights.. http://www.extrememhz.com/centurion5-p3.shtml would it be easy to disconnect? i dont like led lights on computers.. <.<;;

i'm probably going to go for this case. thanks for the excellent suggestion lorddarik
Your welcome, the only LED on the case is the one on the front that can easily be disconnected.

Back