• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It was only a matter of time. Virus exploit for sony DRM.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When threads collide:

threadcollision.jpg

Ya that was my bad. I did a quick scan of the topics and did not see anything. I posted it before i went to work.

what do we learn form this? DON'T POST TIRED!

:D

FEEL FREETO DELETE THIS MODS... theres never a delete key when you need one...

This is exactly why this crap should be deemed illegal. It grants level 0 priv's to the root kit bypassing the patch that MS put out specifficly to close this security venerability. The hackers, virus writers are going to have a hay day with DRM. It is going to cost this country billions of wasted tax dollars in lawsuits, damage to large networks and computers accross the entire country.

I said this in the bginning of the thread over in the other forum, but nooooooo, couldn't ever happen, these people have worked too long and hard, and DRM is sooooo secure.

Get ready folks. If you load any of that crap on your system, your gonna get nailed real good, and no FW, no AV, and no script blocking is going to save you. It will bypass it by going right around your admin priv's...just like it loads itself. DRM is nothing but a dang virus...that's all it is, and it's an invitation for a hacker to make a target out of every system they sniff out that uses it.

Back