• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XBox360 Ranking System explained

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dunno, but that second sentence makes me think somebody is writing a report for their teacher...

In the case of matches involving two or more players (“multiplayer matches” ), this often includes ways of ranking the skills of match participants.

Now if they just had a service to match lonely gamers with even lonelier (is that a word?) gamer girls :p

Matches based on weight, game preference and a rating system for looks based on user feedback.

All I'm gonna say is, I hope it works because I don't understand.....

Basically looks like the curving idea for testing to keep the bell shape for the distribution so that the averages fit in the bell and the extremes, those who are horrible and those are great.

I think it will be like the set up they have going for Halo2 as far as matches and stats go. I wish that they would at least give you the option to pick your own game from a list of severs even if it wouldn't count to your matchmaking rank.

Bleh... as soon as I saw the word Bayesian I flashed back to stats class, my eyes glazed over, and I just narrowly avoided a coma. I can't read that crap.

Basically, if I am reading it correctly, it essentially asserts that most of you are average gamers (within +/- one standard deviation of exactly average), with better/worse gamers distributed by the bell curve.

Interesting, I think. I'll print it out and read it when my brain is NOT at half-mast, and then talk about it more if you all like :)

That's actually pretty cool. Too bad I hate M$ too much to buy an xbox.

Back