• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock mobo issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killerkid

ok i got the new asrock mobo today but im having an issue. I put it all together and turned the psu on. The psu fan spun once, and the psu light came on, the cpu fan also spun once and then both stopped. I pressed the power button to actually turn the pc on, and nothing happen, no fans spun nothing. I KNOW this isnt a dead mobo so what is wrong with it?

I'm guessing psu. My psu is a generic turbolink 350w so when i turn it on, it takes like 10 minutes for it to actually kick in and turn on the computer hahaha

killerkid said:
ok i got the new asrock mobo today but im having an issue. I put it all together and turned the psu on. The psu fan spun once, and the psu light came on, the cpu fan also spun once and then both stopped. I pressed the power button to actually turn the pc on, and nothing happen, no fans spun nothing. I KNOW this isnt a dead mobo so what is wrong with it?
For starters turn off the PSU and double check all of your connections. If you have a floppy drive disconnect it and carefull reconnect it. (If you connect a floopy power cable it can cause a short which shuts everything down in a second) Turn on your psu and try it again. If it still doesn't work disconnect anything you don't need and just boot with the video card, one stick of ram and your cpu. If that doesn't work, take the board out of the case and place it on cardboard or a plastic bag and try it again. It sounds to me like something is shorting and hopefully this procedure will help you find it. Good luck.

hey theres my good old rseven. Thanks for the tips, but still to no avail has anything worked. im going to try a new psu out in the morning, we'll see what happens.

I had the exact same thing when I put my system together with the Asrock board.
Turned out I forgot to connect that 4-pin powercable thing just above the CPU...

Probably not that simple in your case, but it can never hurt to check :)

Wannes, that's a good thought. I forgot to mention that one. It does usually turn out to be something simple.
Also, :welcome: to the Forum!

I had the same problem. I thought I burnt my cpu(thermal past got on the pins). After 10+ hour I gave up started putting my case back together and thought what the hell I'll try it again. It started right up.

Also check the COS jumper my was on clear it still power up but video would come on.

I think there was also a problem when I hooked the hard drive to the upper ide cant remeber.

Back