• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new one-click install cand download cores. Stanford problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nahmus

I just did 4 oneclick borgs and the log says that It cannot download the cores

[19:42:42] + Downloading new core: FahCore_78.exe
[19:42:42] Downloading core (/~pande/Win32/x86//Core_78.fah from www.stanford.edu)
[19:42:45] - Error: HTTP GET returned error code 0
[19:42:45] + Error: Could not download core
[19:42:45] + Core download error (#8), waiting before retry...

is this something new?

I use the uberbuzzard installer a lot and I frequently get problems with instance number 1 getting a could not connect to server error 502. I also occasionally have this same problem you are having. The only thing that works for me is waiting and manually starting FAH up again in a day or so. Why it only works on some computers and instance number 2 on all of them beats me. Oh well. Waiting then trying to restart it seems to work for me.

Now sometimes a server will actually be down, and there isn't much that can be done about that since it isn't a local problem on the machine.

I'll be back out there next week. If the cores have not been downloaded by then I'll just manually put them there. I'll bring the cores on my jump drive.

Back