• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan glue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

I want to glue a fan to the side of my CPU fan to blow over my RAM sticks because they get hot....have used a rubberband short term and it is effective...but what glue should I use...is hot glue gun ok?...or should I go with like some kind of caulk?

Could you use zipties between the mounting holes of the two fans?

I'm using them to hold a fan to several PSU cables to cool my scattered PWM components (fan in upper right corner here: http://www.pbase.com/dmfrost/image/47265170) - inexpensive, very secure but not permanent, pretty easy to modify/adjust, and they provide some isolation to reduce fan noise.

I also agree on hot glue. Get a nice cheap gun and a pack of about 20 sticks. That will keep u happy for a while :thup:

If you want to feel more secure, pick up some plastic epoxy. The kind that comes in dual tubes and you have to mix. That stuff will hold them together lock tight.

Back