• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual-Core Cooling recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thor17usa

I just setup my Dual-Core server, but I think there are some stability issues to work out. My main concern right now ar emy temps. I get about 57C when I am encoding video and about 47C when I am idle. Are these normal temps and is there anything I should be worried about? I am not sure what the temp of my previous AMD 2600+ were, but these temps seem a little high.

I have a Pentium D 820 Dual-Core CPU running stock right now, so what cooling fan would you recommend to get more reasonable temps? This setup is in a server class case with dual 80mm fans front mounted and dual 80mm rear mounted. Also, the PSU has dual fans (one intake to pull hot air from the CPU and on outlet fans).

Would artic paste help also and if so what kind? I am not too concerned with noise since this server is in a closet anyway. Any help would be great.

AS5 is always great, but it won't get you more than 1-2C unless the paste you have on now wasn't applied properly. I'd say any fan 60-90CFM should be plenty. go to coolerguys, the nexus is a nice quiet choice, but maybe not enough cfm. Check out the mechatronics they have, the 120mm one.

buy a cooler that you can put a 120mm fan on. the xp-120 is good, and in some cases that scythe ninja is good too.

Back