• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT NF7-S2 or NF7-S V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you plan on overclocking you want the NF7-s Revision 2.
I have no experience of the s2 but from what I have gathered it is bios crippled inasmuch as the overclocking options.

The NF7-s revision 2 also has soundstorm and sata ports/firewire etc.
Not sure about the s2 but I would imagine it is a tad pared down featurewise.

Overclocking wise the S2 is complete crap, so I'd say the NF7-S or the NF7 if you don't need sata or soundstorm, as long as both are revision 2 they have the same overclocking options.

Now it is way too late, should have been when Axp was more of an upgrade choice now that AMD has stopped making new Axp they will soon be all gone and so will the higher end mobo such as the NF7.

You've probably already decided, but I'll agree with everyone else anyway. IIRC, the -s2 doesn't have either multi or FSB options, I can't remember which one is missing, but I'm pretty sure you can't OC worth a darn with the -S2. I made the same mistake when i put my system together, and had to return it for the nf7-s v2.0.

Anybody know whether Abit fixed the chipset fan failing problem on the V2? If not, should I get a replacement like the Zalman N23 up fron when it's easier to replace?

Avg said:
Now it is way too late, should have been when Axp was more of an upgrade choice now that AMD has stopped making new Axp they will soon be all gone and so will the higher end mobo such as the NF7.

Not if you live in a third, or fourth, world country like Spokane. :bang head

Back