• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pixelated/washed out/bright video playback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icedragn

im using a Leadtek 6800LE, it has never done this before, but by turning off hardware acceleration fixes it. However.. i dont know how that affects my overall video performance/windows visualisations/flash etc... anyone know why it does this? FRESH install using 77.72 nvidia drivers and all the latest chipset/peripheral drivers. Stumped on this one :(

ALL my games and EVERYTHING works fine EXCEPT video playback, rather odd.. :(

try fiddling with the video overlay settings for colour and brightness in the control panel, maybe the default gamma setting has been changed or something.

>HyperlogiK< said:
try fiddling with the video overlay settings for colour and brightness in the control panel, maybe the default gamma setting has been changed or something.

was already at the default settings. This is retarded i already rma'd this card once because lines where going through my screen, they repaired it and now this crap, i'm assuming it was like this the day i got it, i never tried any video playback till now.. Could try playing with them i guess, but theyu are at defaults like i said, and as soon as i disable direct3d/draw acceleration then it plays fine.

well dunno why but i went into video overlay, changed the mod from standard to advanced (thats ALL i did, i changed NOTHING) and now it works fine! Wow, well if it works then i'm happy... didn't want to have to rma it AGAIN. Thanks guys!

get new drivers... those drivers had this bug which you can fix by clicking on the nvdia symbol in the toolbar then make sure that under all/overlay/desktop "All channels" is selected... it should look like this:

Attachments

• nvidia.JPG
    nvidia.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 73
oh ok, well fix one problem and in comes the next.. Now my video card is like choking all the time.. dont know how to explain it but the fps DIES... playing cs:source and it drops to unplayable levels like 1+ fps, playing diablo 2 in windows direct draw and it also BOGS right down to like 10fps/14skip so this is just ****ing me off now cause i cant play like this.. i am NOT overclocking, i am NOT unlocking any pipes, and i did NOT vmod it, it is at complete stock except my zalman copper hsf on it, the temps on the card right now are 50C @ idle... kind of high... going to go into an intensive game like counter-strike and log the temps with riva-tuner. Will be back with the results and any suggestions are welcome.

HMM, im going to boot to safe mode and uninstall these 77.72 drivers then clean it and then try the newest ones.. hope they fix it.

Did the CSS test (non stress test, 20 man server (full)), didnt happen to slow down in the 5 min test but the temps were good, went from 49-50 idle to 53 load. Hmm.

I had similar issues with the 77.72 on my vid card with video playback, they were fixed with the 77.77 drivers.

yes i have been told by two ppl now that the 77.72 had this problem, im now using 81.94 and it has fixed the gamma issue as well as the choking fps in my games, so right now i am finally happy after 2 days of crap :)

Back