• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A8N32-SLI Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Painful

Registered
I am looking for a good beginners OC board and have been recommended the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

After doing a bit of reading I have a question for those in the know. The A8N32-SLI Deluxe and the A8N-SLI Permium look to have most the same features except for the Deluxe has the 2x16 PCIE.

My question is, Is the 32 Deluxe worth the extra money for the faster PCIE slots? Specially because I have read a few reviews/posts claiming that the faster PCIE has a negligeable effect.

The best price I can get for the A8N32-SLI Deluxe in Australia is $380, and for the A8N-SLI Premium is $276. So As you can see I might be able to save a fair bit of money which could be put toward something else.

For information I will be using 2x7800 (probably GTX) and AMD 64 dual core 4200

Last edited:
ASUS 8-Phase Power Design provides highly efficient operation to generate less heat (at least 15°C) than other conventional power solutions. It reduces input ripple current and output ripple voltage, which keeps the CPU and power module from suffering the risk of high power stress. It has the advantages of quick transient response and stability, especially beneficial when the CPU requires more current immediately under heavy loading or overclocking mode. This means that overclocking performance will be improved as well as system stability.

Just got this board last evening and have been looking through the manual. The bios config is unlike any from my limited experience, but seems to be fully configurable including options I've never seen. I admit this is my first foray into AMD boards/systems, but I've never seen the option to control the bus capacity of the data streams between the northbridge and the southbridge, nor a dozen settings for "skewing" the memory timing.
I'll start the assembly and set up today and post further inputs.
But where I started to go is I wouldn't consider this board "beginner" in a simplistic fashion, although I'll post how the initial set up and configuration goes later. My main basis for the statement is the manual is very basic and short on explanation. My earlier ASUS boards came with a much more explanatory document, ie. I have no clue (yet) what the settings referred to above accomplish or thier purpose and the manual gives no hint or explanation, just the switch options available. That is the main reason i wouldn't go with this as a "beginner" board.
PS. It is pretty. :)

mrgreenjeans
Let us khow how it goes and--of course--the oc'ing ability of the board.
I'd like to know if it can reach 300HTT----and maybe the chipset temp difference between using the supplied fan and w/o. :)

Thanks

Back