• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech vs. Danger Den

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DragonTattooz

Well, I bought a Swiftech Storm CPU block and a DD Maze4 GPU block. I like the metal barbs on the DD as opposed to the plastic ones on the Swiftech. However, the Swiftech seems to be better quality than the DD- the DD block had not been deburred after it was machined, so I had to clean it up. The Swiftech, on the other hand, has a nice finish. The mounting setup for the DD is a joke. Screwing those allthreads into the Delrin is just stupid. I can think of 2 or 3 better ways to mount it just off the top of my head. Also, the DD directions are not nearly as clear as the Swiftech directions- it's not really that big of a deal, but I can see that Swiftech has put more thought into it, and I appreciate that.

I realize that a lot of people like DD and apparently the performance is great. It just seems to me that Swiftech has put a lot more effort into delivering a quality piece of equipment than DD.

i've always considered the maze4gpu mounting to be incredibly easy and also well thought out. i dont know what you have against threaded derlin? go buy a mcw50 (or whatever, the swifty gpu block) with 6800 hardware then you can see a joke.

I really like the swiftech storm block. The fact that it's a universal block makes things really easy since I went from socket at to 939 on it without a hitch. Not to mention the performance is awesome! I don't own a DD block but their blocks look really nice, like the nv-78 waterblock is a peice of art, but you pay for it. I plan on getting the maze4 because because of the price.

i just got a maze 4 today for my b-day. low profile. i dont like the mounting setup. had to file the plastic support down a little. and was very fiddley to fit. but other than that.. its realy nice..have yet to try warming it up... as for the storm...i got my eyes on one of them..

Back