• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video RAM heatspreaders

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DragonTattooz

I bought the OCZ heatspreaders for my video RAM. Should I just use the sticky stuff that they come with, or use the AS5? My concern is that they will fall off with the AS5.

I'm almost afraid to check the classifieds. People talk about them all the time like it's the end-all, be-all in good deals. I have just recently purchased the last of my components for this build, and I'll probably find out that I could have saved $1,000. ;)

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it as soon as I get access. This should be post # 100. WOOT!!!

Get the thermal tape from this thread http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=423417 . It works great and is removable.

If you use thermal adhesive, even if you mix adhesive with regular AS5, you may not be able to get the ramsinks back off when you eventually need to. I know this from experience from when I had to RMA my video card.

Well, these OCZ heatspreaders came with an adhesive film already applied. Maybe I should just use that and see what happens? OCZ seems to be a good company so it's probably good stuff, ya think?

IMO, the thermal film that came with it should be more than enough. Cooling the ram on a video card is a limited practice as it is, the best contact in the world wouldnt make much of a difference. Again, IMO.

Back