• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Proccesor for 250-350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your best bet for that price range would be an Opteron 165. Its Dual Core, and its Opteron. Gotta love those two in once sentence :)

I'm in the same boat as you though, once my 3700+ SD goes Im buying it!

Opteron 165 is around $300ish
Opteron 170 is almost $400ish.

Go for 165, the 170 is only like 200mhz higher and with the 1x extra multiplier. Most can get to 2.8ghz with their 165 pretty easily.

Well, since you asked for your options the other choice is the 3800X2. Just 6 weeks ago this was the top dog in this price segment, but I agree with everyone else that the best pick is the 165. The Intel fanboys that say that AMD is standing still are obviously looking at the wrong company!:D

what is the next step down from a 165? my dad works with all these tech geeks, rich guys that go to taiwan everyday to look at semiconductor plants so i can get 7800gtxs for freeeeeeeeee

165 is the "slowest" Opteron...but i guess in terms of overclock-ablity, the X2 3800?

Back