• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Older Stuff K6-2 450 on Tx Mainboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RPM_Computing

Hello,

I am running an AMD K6-2 450 cpu on a Tekram P5T30-B4 v1.12 TX Mainboard, I know the board is only supose to support K6 chips up to 300mhz but I am able to run mine at 417mhz (5 x 83) 2.8v rock solid. 2.8v is the lowest I am able to run the chip at due to the lack of jumper settings. When I clock the chip any higher I am able to get to the windows screen then the system freezes. Last week I was only able to run the chip at 375mhz. Heat is not an issue, I built a reliable cooling system operating around 20 Celcius. What I am wondering is if anyone else has had one of these chips running on a similar TX Mainboard but at a higher frequency. If yes how did you get it to run higher? Also does anyone know why I was only able to use the system @ 375 last week and 417 now?

One last thing, if someone knows of a trick to get 100mhz fsb to work on this board or any other TX please post the settings or link!

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. :)

Well, bro, your chip runs on that board. I'm surprised though, it should run a little faster than 417 MHz if you've got jumper settings for it, especially at 2.8v.

I ran my K6-2 500@560 2.8v for a while, but be warned that AMD's techdocs say that 2.5v is about max. You might run in to electromigration if you plan on running it very long (as in longer than a year).

Sorry, no way a TX chipset will do 100MHz. Just isn't gonna happen. Your one out MIGHT be CPUFSB....

SickBoy

Success!!!

Awesome! Formated this morning and loaded Windows ME to see if it would help and it did, along with some RAM settings and a secret voltage setting on the main board!

Now at 500mhz! stable as a rock (6 x 83.3) now the only thing holding me back is my video card, old 3D Rage Pro but it's tweaked too :)

I know this system is nothing compared to what most of you here are currently discussing/running, but I am quite pleased with the end results of this project.

Back