• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 2405fpw or Sony SDM-P234?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

My friend is building his house and will be in a trailor for the time being so he cant have his big CRT in it, due to space. So as you figured he is going to get an LCD and is deciding between the Dell 2405fpw(which im pretty sure you all know) and some sony one. Which would you buy and why? I told him that the dell would be better but what do you think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824006084

I think the Dell is a better value for the money. It's cheaper, has more video inputs, a USB hub, and 7-in-1 memory card/stick reader.

id go with the dell. Lots of people have bought it and most are very happy with it. The sony isnt as popular, so its harder to say if its as good or better.

all of the above plus the sony virus crap! boycott

but all in all the 2405 is the best from everything i'v heard

Due to price, the Dell is the way to go. If he's really considering the Sony, I would recommend the HP L2335 over it. It uses the same screen, less expensive and has an adjustable base(screen can be lowered, raised and rotated 90 degrees).

I have a 2405fpw, bought it a couple of months ago. Probably the best computer-related purchase I've ever made!

Dude...you're getting a dell...

2405, Boycott Sony products after the **** they have been pulling recently.

*hugs and makes love to his 2405*

Far Cry
wow26io.jpg

HL2 with HDR

d2lostcoast00039bl.jpg

Get the 2405, I absolutly love mine to death, I have yet to see another one come close for the price. Plus, you can use it as a second TV or something sometime in the future.

Back