• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7% above cost for ANYTHING @ Compusa 11-19 ONLY!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone have any idea how much money you'll save generall? I don't know anyone who works at CompUSA to check prices :(. It looks promising tho; I printed out one (on the school's color laser :) )

This is not on just "anything" at Compusa.

Taken from the small print at the bottom of page;

Cost + 7% offer good on desktops, notebooks, Apple® desktops and notebooks, digital cameras, digital camcorders, home electronics, printers and PDAs only.

Great, we found out more than halfway through the sale! :(

But thx, EternalX.

I work at compusa and hadent seen my add. But I do know for a fact that most of what that covoers hardly has a 7% above cost on it allready. There are some items that compusa kills you on with markup. Those are belkin products. Other then that most things are not horribly marked up.

Its a deal in that if you already NEEDED one of the products listed this is good for you. But not worth picking up for "stockpiling" oh well.

shuiends said:
I work at compusa and hadent seen my add. But I do know for a fact that most of what that covoers hardly has a 7% above cost on it allready. There are some items that compusa kills you on with markup. Those are belkin products. Other then that most things are not horribly marked up.
Really? They only make a few percent on each item? That SUCKS!

In retail stores they don't make very much money ofef the big stuff. Computers are at most around $50 profit, laptops are around the same also. Some PDA's might only get the store about $5-10. Printers are around about a 10% markup. I work at staples and deal with the stuff all the time. All the money is on attachments. A network cable that sells for $15 cost is about $1.50, usb printer cables sell for $20 and cost about $2.50... ink is usually marked up about 30-70%.

If you noticed when you shop for larger items (ie: printer/palm/laptop/etc) the sales person will always try to add extra junk on there. That's how they are trained :p

godman it really depends on the product. Some products we take losses at. On other there is a 400% markup. Legally im probally not allowed to go into what gets what markup and all.

So my Dad is in the market for a HP desktop. He has been shopping around including looking at CompUSA. Anyone think there are big saving to be had with this on their Desktops?

you will get some discount on some stuff, it all depends on the markup. There is a few hundred dollers of profit here and there in laptops and desktops. I really dont think you are going to find what you want in the BF ad, thats all gonna be cheap crap to get people in the door.

i work in retail and we sell everything at least 100% above our cost. :) clearance in the retail world is selling things at cost. company doesnt loose money on clearance items.

Well I HAVE worked at CompUSA in the past, as well as Best Buy. Shuiends is right, most computer stuff has very tight margins. It's the add-ons, cables (ESPECIALLY cables), power protection, warranties, etc that lets them make money.

Belkin products have like a 400% markup. Definately the addons that we make our money on. That and TAP. We get yelled at when we dont sell enough TAP or other services we offer. I can not take all that and that is oen of the main reasons I am leaving the job. I cant lie to customers and make them buy all the addons. I just hate workin in retail.

I went today. The computer desktop deals were crap. The HP's are at retail right now and the savings were minimal. Some are marked at 5% over cost right now so the coupon was worthless. I needed an airport extreme card for an emac and it didn’t qualify so I paid full price. Most all peripherals were not eligible. We are going back next Wed and Black Friday for the desktop. They said there would be some good deals on Wed also.

Back