• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Presler and Cedar Mill Spotted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think i chose a poor title for this, i know they've already been spotted but this is the most info we've gotten yet.

I guess I'll hang on to my P5WD2 Prem for a while and will definitely get the proc first. Interesting to see both Crossfire and SLI working on the same 975X board.

fAlCoNNiAn said:
this is still using the netburst structure? i thought intel was gonna move on and drop netburst?

next generation after cedar mill, presler, and yohan (single, dual, mobile [dual core, celeron will be single]). the new architecture is codenamed conroe and we're anxiously awaiting it.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
I will be getting the Cedar Mill, these babys will clock 600mhz higher than the original 6xx series CPUs. 6ghz benchable sounds nice ;).

:eh?: don't get ahead of yourself

oh....so they only work on the dual core 865PE board.......dam i thought my Asus P5P800 was able to run it.........ah well....one step at a time

We do not know about Conroe. It is too early guys. All we know are rumors. It is rumored that Conroe will have it own mem controller, so I doubt very seriously it will be supported on any of the current boards, or even the new 975.

We will have to wait and see. We will probably know more positively in 6 months, but until then let's not get ahead of ourselves. With it being that far off, they could change the CPU, they could add things, or disable things.

When you run Intel, you want to wait until you have the CPU on order before you decide on a board for it. Intel matches the chipsets to the processor. Buying a board first on the premise that it might support a future technology is a bad gamble.

Back