• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockix Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sleepy_Steve

Ok, im trying to squeeze a few more WU's outa my 3 older rigs that crunch 24/7 because i dont use them any more.

I'm looking at overclockix.
BOINC, does it come bundled with the .iso?
Also, will i be able to do this with my non existent knowledge of bash?

Also if multiple versions have seti boinc included in them, which vesion is most tweaked for preformance?

Looks to be only the very latest 3.79 has boinc on it, just trying to be sure though.

Many thanks.

I burned a cd with that 3.79 version....

For some reason it only seems to want to fold.

When I launched the BOINC manager..it cannot connect to the localhost.

I'm in the exact same boat as you..and I'm looking for more info!

If there is a way to squeeze out a few more w/u's over windows..I want to give it a try!

Anyone have the lowdown on this??

Larry

My 950 celeron gets near 30 RAC on win2k sp4 totaly clean instal well defraged.
The sister rig running Win XP corperate, gets 25 RAC... so i do think that win2k is slightly better.

Beyond that, start killing all un-necessary processes from task manager as soon as it boots and hope that saves a few cycles.
Thats not an ideal solution, and would love to use it on some form of live CD.

We KNOW our friend smoking up his cluster for Team B in the race has a working disk, does that only work for his acct? and if not can he help us find a way to put up an every man's copy of that .iso for seti use.

Apparently there is a way to shut down all but 3 processes in XP leaving nothing but the kernel running.

If i can run that and boinc im set... at least till i can figure out how btopus got that live CD for seti working.

Back