• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD 17" Acer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlakMonkey

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16824009055

This looks like an amazing monitor considering the specs. The Contrast Ratio is 700:1, the Brightness is 300 cd/m2, there are 16.7 Million colors, has a Pixel Pitch of 0.264mm, and is Active Matrix.

Why is it so cheap? Am I missing something? I see some people posting monitors with 16.2 colors, 500:1 contrast, and 250 cd/m2 brightness for 100 dollars more. Why?

Am I missing something? I just dont want to be swindled.

I don't have that exact same monitor, but I have a similair monitor. I have the AL1715 with 12ms response time. The picture quality isn't that great, it seems slower than a LG monitor that had 16ms response time and was through a Analog connection. Mine has a power problem where if it in standby for about 5+hours(orange led), I have to unplug it to make it work right again.
I think the monitors are good for the price, but they aren't the best.
Also, my brother has one of the new sony monitors(with the front that comes down to the desk). It is A LOT better than mine.
Like I said, my monitor is different from that one, but its pretty close.

Back