• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC seeing no difference? normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Careface

Heya, I was just benching my pc to see if the new XG drivers improved my score in '05 any, and I came across something rather weird. heres my results

CPU @ 2700 (300*9)
RAM @ 200 2-3-2-6 (it refuses to OC, even @ 3.2V)
GFX @ 471/663

Score: 2336

now i oc'd the gfx some more (to the point where it wouldnt even get passed the 'testing new settings' thing) and heres what I got

GFX @ 485/664

Score: 2336

an extra 14MHz on core and 1MHz on ram ( :rolleyes: ) gives no increase in score? not even 1? is this normal or is there something (other than my crappy barely stock RAM) thats holding me back? Cheers for any help :)

Careface*

Yeah lower end cards don't see much of an increase with fairly small increases in GPU/RAM. My 7800GT gets 100 points more about every 6-8Mhz on GPU and 16Mhz on RAM.

I think that an identical score is rather odd. You sure you actually set the clocks, instead of just moving the slider? Something seems strange to me that an overclock would do absolutely nothing. Also, did you run it multiple times to see if it wasnt a fluke?

Kenshin Himura

Ya definatly run it a few times to see. I get a few points varrience in my tests but its best to test it a few times to get a more accurate result.

Back