• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU water cooling setup questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhoenixOfChaos

I've been thinking about getting some water cooling for my X850XT - but I'm a total noob to water cooling. How much do you guys think a good setup for a GPU would cost before I start looking much further into parts and such.

Alright thanks guys.

PhoenixOfChaos said:
I've been thinking about getting some water cooling for my X850XT - but I'm a total noob to water cooling. How much do you guys think a good setup for a GPU would cost before I start looking much further into parts and such.

Alright thanks guys.

For just a GPU...hmm...I dunno bout that cost.

But if you did wanna also go CPU WCing...I'd say about $200-$300 would be a very nice performer.

Here's a good thread for what people tend to spend on general WCing: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=403289

You can get a very nice setup for $200-$250. You can go lot less and still get a decent setup also depending on what parts you get and whether or not you buy used.

I have a XP-90c on my CPU with nice temps and a fairly good oc. Unlike my megahot x850xt (63 when benching). I could get it for CPU but I figured that would raise the price more and defy me just recently getting a XP-90c whereas I'm still using stock for x850XT.Also I figured it would be cheaper to just get GPU h2o cooling for now.

ive just put a maze 4 on my x800xt .. good block but i dont like the fittings... card was 37 idle and 50 somthing when warmed up.. now its 29/30 idle and 42 max and thats with it setup after my cpu block on a prescot. piks on request

Last edited:
If you're just cooling the VC, it would probably be closer to 200 or maybe even less. But what cooler are you using on the VC now?

PhoenixOfChaos said:
For now I'm just using stock cooling on it. Also if I were to upgrade to water on my CPU would that require a major part change or just a slight addon?

as of components on your computer, there would be no parts change. As for the components of your water cooling setup, you would need to add a cpu block and prolly get a bigger rad.

Back