• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

more voltage please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heavy1

Hi All,

I currently have an msi neo4sli, and a watercooled 3700 sandy running at 2.85ghz. I think i could get more out of the sandy cuz it's only hitting 40° loaded with my zalman water on it but i'm maxed out on voltage with the neo4 (1.55v).

I've tried different methods of getting to 2.9ghz and beyond but it gets unstable at that speed regardless of how i get it there which leads me to believe it's begging for more power :)

Do you think I'm right in assuming the sandy has more to give and if so, what motherboards could you suggest that will allow me to give this cpu the power it craves?

Is it possible to search around for vcore mods?

The answer to your prayers would be the DFI LP Ultra-D, great vdimm and vcore if you crave high volts. The Ultra-D is one of the best OCing board and is widely used among OCers.

Another alternative can be the DFI LP "Expert" Edition, supposed to OC better then the Ultra-D and is much more stable, but I haven't seen too many great results yet.

Thanks darksparkz,

I had a feeling someone was going to say DFI. I knew that's what I should have got in the first place :bang head

When I bought the MSI I was looking at the dfi's but went with the msi because of the 3 pci slots vs 2 on the dfi. I only use 2 pci slots but there's no room under the 2nd vid card to put anything in the first pci slot anyway, and I fear that with the dfi, I'd have the same problem and only have one usable pci slot, unless I spend 200 on the expert..

I can't seem to find any volt mod info for it so if anyone knows of one, please hook me up..

I should probably be happy at 2.85ghz but you know how we are... We ain't happy til somethin breaks and we can replace it :D

Back