• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

winflash misflash on ultra-d nf4 lanparty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

filip04

i'm currently in windows on a machine which has misflashed thie bios... i'm scared to restart it... so here's what happens when i try flashing

winflash erases main block, programs the main block, and fails on verification at either 3, 5 or 11%... i've tried this literally a dozen times, and can't get past 11%.

i've redownloaded every final version of a bios, and none successfully flash...

if i restart my computer, will i be screwed or will the backup bios kick in and save the day? how do i go abouts solving this?

any help appreciated. thanks

Filip04- did u check the boot block option in winflash?

Also if things go bad, u can always flash using a floppy, hope ur floppy controller is enabled in the bios. But u better make that floppy now while ur computer is working.

long story short, computer crashed before i made the floppy...
fortunately, it asks me for a floppy... so i'm not totally pooched...

and even if the floppy controller is disabled in the bios, i still have another one of these boards... so i'll swap bios chips and write the other one in my board... no biggie...

update: flashed it off the floppy and its fine

Back