• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got Opteron results anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
either opty is better than the 3200 man, if thats your decision then take the venice right out of the equation, the 144;s are at mwave and the 146's are at monarch.

The only reasonw why I got a 146 was cuz mwave wanted $178 for a 144 and I got the 146 for $190...

if you decide to go venice then just get a 3000, mine does 2.7

The Coolest said:
Clock for clock A64 (with 1MB L2) = Opteron.
Opteron overclocks more.
Therefore Opteron > A64

i saw that in a thread does that mean that opterons arnt 64 bit?

bri1 said:
i saw that in a thread does that mean that opterons arnt 64 bit?

While i appreciate your humour, REALLY try to read around. Opterons are 64 bit yes. All this information is available at google, wikipedia, around the forum, in past threads, stickies, etc. I don't mean to be mean..but really. This thread could have been avoided by light reading.

bri1 said:
lol every forum needs the idiot to make the threads and thats me lol

There are more than enough threads asking questions about Opterons. I think people are starting to get tired of giving the same explanations over and over. I can gaurantee that 5 minutes of searching and reading will get you alot further than this thread will. :)

J.

I'll post mine, I can post screens also if someone tells me how to take them. :) I have a 148 CAB2E Opteron on a DFI Expert mobo, as of right now I have the processor running at 2.8Ghz @ stock voltage. I've ran prime95 for 26hrs without a problem, I also tried 3ghz which I was able to run and pass SuperPi 32 but ran into errors with prime at just over 7hrs. I was able to play games with it at 3ghz without any problems. The 3ghz came at 1.45volts and 273x11 and load temps of 38°C. I havent tried more than that as my original goal was to hit 2.6ghz, so since I'm running 2.8ghz I'm extremely happy.

Alex

jpersinger said:
Where did you obtain the 148 eljefe? OEM or retail?

It's an OEM that I got from Monarch. I just got it, I've only had it for 4 days. And it seems to overclock really well.

Alex

eljefe said:
It's an OEM that I got from Monarch. I just got it, I've only had it for 4 days. And it seems to overclock really well.

Alex

ty for helping me out with the question

bri1 said:
wow sorry ima go crawl into a hole and die :(

Sorry man. Not trying to make you feel bad or anything. There are about a dozen threads though on the first two pages of this section dedicated to Opteron results. All i'm saying is that a little quick searching and reading will get you further and faster than waiting on someone to post results here in your thread.

If it helps, my 144 is less than spectacular. I can load windows at 3.02ghz but can't get it stable there. 2.9 is stable @ 1.6v on water.

J.

Back