• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big trouble with a machine.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dk Jedi Allianc

Recently sold off some parts and moving some around...So my primary rig is now a Barton 3200+@stock. After changing the CPU from a Barton 3000+ to the 3200+ it has been acting weird.

Check these results.
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/results.php?hostid=1708818&offset=40

The pc was running excact same set-up. Only thing changed is the CPU.

Specs:
Barton 3200+@stock.
Thermalrigth SLK900A with 92mm fan (28CFM) Loadtemp 44-46*C
Abit AN7
G.skill extreme PC-3200 (2x512 in dual)

Already tried reinstall of BOINC (including removing folder..)

Can anyone think of anything??

The machine can´t get past Memtest. Runs for 2-3 minutes and then errors. At the same spot every time. Faulty mem-modules??

EDIT: note..the mem was running 166 with the 3000+ and is now at 200 with the 3200+. All auto-settings.

I had exact same error, when my 2 sticks of kingmax werent compatibile in dual channel mode. And besides 0 credits I got in Boinc I also experienced radom restarts and crashes.
Try to mess with timings and voltage, but I think your RAM might be faulty, or even a mobo. Also try to run memtest with one stick only, ( and with ram in different slots ) and see it it can pass it then.

First attempt: OK. checked mem in BIOS. 200mhz at [email protected] This is optimal setting on my AN7
Prime95 ran for 2 minutes and errors.

Second: Upped voltage to 2.7 same timings
Prime95 runs 3 mins and then errors.

Third:

Voltage 2.7 - but losen up on the timings to 2,5-3-3-6
Prime95 has now run torture for 6 minutes - NO ERRORS!

Could this be true?

that these G.skill extreme can´t even run at their own settings?

Back