• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

monitor Burn-in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mopar_Dan

Registered
I got a samsung 950p from a guy for $30. It has the slightest bit of monitor burn-in (a football helmit). Not noticable in windows, only if I have a pretty simple black or white screen up. Are there any tricks that I could try to minimize it, or is it the sort of thing that once its there its there? Thanks
Dan

Did a quick google and all pretty much advised the same. Unfortunately there isn't a way to fix it. :shrug:

Perhaps someone will have an idea :)

BTW

:welcome: to the forums!!

or....you can try what my dad did. he told me that he played music in his room loud; loud enough for the bass to shake the room, and after a few hours, the burn in marks were gone. But i highly doubt it'll work :shrug:

yeah, no offense to your dad or anything, but thats bs lol.. ive had loud bass on with an old 14" crt that was running a server with the screen on 24/7 that has burn marks (the whole screen lol, looks cool when you turn the screen off) and it made no difference

Careface*

There's a reason they call images like this "burned in" and not say "temporarily stuck". You can try to display the rapidly changing colors or static (such as on an analog TV where you turn into a channel that doesn't exist) which may help reduce the problem... but it's not likely to ever go away.

covana2244 said:
I have heard of programs that flash through different colors rapidly that are suspose to fix this.

That fixes dead pixles on LCD screens. not burn in's. I dont think there is anything you can do it for it. The damage is already been done

oh, and :welcome: to the ocforums bro!! :)

Careface said:
yeah, no offense to your dad or anything, but thats bs lol.. ive had loud bass on with an old 14" crt that was running a server with the screen on 24/7 that has burn marks (the whole screen lol, looks cool when you turn the screen off) and it made no difference

Careface*

haha its cool.

lol i read the title and said to myself: "man, i bet i can squeeze out 2 more Hz if i burn it in a couple more hours!"

fAlCoNNiAn said:
i know this is an old thread, but can anyone post the software to repair pixels (the ones that flash colors really quickly)? thanks in advance.

i just searched google for it and it gave me this video where it flashed RGBY like 50 thousands times. The only thing it did is give me a seizure *sarcasm. It didnt do jack **** to my monitor.

dkim086 said:
or....you can try what my dad did. he told me that he played music in his room loud; loud enough for the bass to shake the room, and after a few hours, the burn in marks were gone. But i highly doubt it'll work :shrug:

yes, ive heard of this method,.. my tv was 27" or something "older like 3 years ago" anyways it tipped forward cause someone knocked it off its stand by accident had like these red colors in the top left and right corners" whne we would watch tv with the tower spears on "400 watts Each" those colours wouldd go away for a coupple hours :)" it worked for a bit but they came back.

try puping some bass by them :)

invert the image in paint, shazam. wow i never thought of that. clever.
only problem would be duration.

Back