• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Overclockix config files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gulp35

I need some help with setting my config files using overclockix. My problem is Overclockix continuously overwrites any changes made to client config files with the config file from the server.

I want to set different machines to do different things to maximize their efficiency. For instance, I want my Intel machines w/ 512M+ to be set for clienttype 3 (QMDs) while I want my AMDs set for clienttype 2 (Timeless). It will not let me do this. If I change a client, it just reverts back in a minute or two. If I change the server, it changes all the clients.

Any help short of separating my farm into separate parts?

Thanks

Junebug

I dont think there is a client type 3. to get qmd's add -advmethods flag and bigpackets. I have ltsp 2.1 running now and i can change the client.cfg and flags file for each machine and they dont get overwritten. maybe there is an error in the file, so it goes to the server folder to grab it.

I think it has to do with not stopping the folding services before you make the changes. As soon as you complete a WU the server then over writes the .CFG file back to the old version.

I had the same problem and that is what I did to fix it.

I set one of my other machines up to get QMDs. It was set for -advmethods and bigpackets...never got QMDs.

So I put on the 5.04 beta, and when I ran configonly and answered for QMDs, it sets a clientype to type=3, and the next thing you know...qmds.

Meanwhile, my other intel working off my Overclockix server refuses to get QMDs despite -advmethods flag and big packets.

As to changing the config file, go back anbd look after a while...it will be there for a few minutes, but when it gets a new WU, it switches back to the server config file (atleast mine does).

Junebug

gulp35 said:
I set one of my other machines up to get QMDs. It was set for -advmethods and bigpackets...never got QMDs.

So I put on the 5.04 beta, and when I ran configonly and answered for QMDs, it sets a clientype to type=3, and the next thing you know...qmds.

Meanwhile, my other intel working off my Overclockix server refuses to get QMDs despite -advmethods flag and big packets.

As to changing the config file, go back anbd look after a while...it will be there for a few minutes, but when it gets a new WU, it switches back to the server config file (atleast mine does).

Junebug

have you tried restarting the layer after you save the client.cfg file?

I haven't tried that yet, but since the config files on all machince change in lockstep, I am not sure what it would do. I often restart layers when they have issues. Yet all show this behavior.

Back