• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 630 @ 4.311 ghz on Ghetto AIR cooling!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ocdreams

Registered
Hey, I Currently have and abit max3 with a 2.8c @ 3.5. Cooled by a koolance exos AI. I bouht some upgrade parts: A p5wd2 premium wifi, p4 630 3ghz and 1Gb of corsair PC5400pro ram. my koolance its not compatible with the 775 board so I was like let me just TEST it out. Before I get a new water cooling setup.

I setup the PC on the side of my desk (NO CASE) WIth the stock intel Heatsink that came with the 630 + my moms summer BIG FAN lol.... and WOOOOO! Not bad for a test huh?

results:

P4 630 @ 4.311 287.5 X 15....
1.4 vcore (AI and CPU-Z read 1.45)
Memory 4-4-4-10 1.9v @ 718
Temps 46C and system 26C while Im writting this.

I'm still a newbie so I need help on the settings... memory timings best way to test for stability, ect. I I still think I can get more but I don't want to screw things over.. Not at least untill I get another water setup.

Last edited:
Hey any help on this?

Windows and AI shows I have the cpu @ 4.5ghz but CPU-Z says its @ 4.2ghz which one its right? also I have the ram running @ 751.
here are some pics of the mess I have lol.

ghettoOC.jpg

ghetto2.JPG

ghetto3.JPG

ghetto4.JPG

CPUz is prolly more correct. AI Booster may have some issues,

Here are some settings ro consider:

AI Overclocking is set to manual

Performance Mode - AUTO
PCI EXPRESS Frequency - 100~101
PCI CLOCK Sychronization Mode - 33
CPU Voltage - ??? Whatever your HSF can handle
FSB Termination Voltage - AUTO
MCH CHIPSET Voltage - AUTO
ICH CHIPSET Voltage - AUTO
AI CPU LOCK FREE - AUTO

AI CPU Lock Free - AUTO
Microcode Updation - Enabled
Max CPUID Value Limit - Disabled
Execute Disable Function - Disabled
Enhance C1 Control - Disabled
CPU Internal Thermal Control - Disabled
Intel SpeedStep Tech - AUTO

Chipset

DRAM ECC MODE - Disabled
Hyper Path 3- Auto
DRAM Throttling Threshold - Disabled

BigStan said:
CPUz is prolly more correct. AI Booster may have some issues,

Here are some settings ro consider:

AI Overclocking is set to manual

Performance Mode - AUTO
PCI EXPRESS Frequency - 100~101
PCI CLOCK Sychronization Mode - 33
CPU Voltage - ??? Whatever your HSF can handle
FSB Termination Voltage - AUTO
MCH CHIPSET Voltage - AUTO
ICH CHIPSET Voltage - AUTO
AI CPU LOCK FREE - AUTO

AI CPU Lock Free - AUTO
Microcode Updation - Enabled
Max CPUID Value Limit - Disabled
Execute Disable Function - Disabled
Enhance C1 Control - Disabled
CPU Internal Thermal Control - Disabled
Intel SpeedStep Tech - AUTO

Chipset

DRAM ECC MODE - Disabled
Hyper Path 3- Auto
DRAM Throttling Threshold - Disabled

Hey thanks bigstan. using those settings now. except for AI cpu lock free.... where exactly is that feature? I don't see it...... I have the latest bios 0606.

As seen in the pictures I had the multi @ 14x (speedstep set to minimum) AI and Windows are reading the multi @ 14x (4.5ghz) cpuz reads it @ 15x (4.2ghz) any idea why?

also do you happen to know whats the to speed the memory I have can run?

Thanks

except for AI cpu lock free
That is the setting you use to get a 14 multi when your have a CPU that supports it. Your's does not. Might want to change it to disabled.

As seen in the pictures I had the multi @ 14x (speedstep set to minimum) AI and Windows are reading the multi @ 14x (4.5ghz) cpuz reads it @ 15x (4.2ghz) any idea why
You get some strange readings when you use the Speedstep setting at minimal. But, if my memory serves me right, it is usually the other way around. Usualy CPUz reads correctly and AI Booster get's it wrong. I have no idea why it does this, but it has been reported on several different forums.

also do you happen to know whats the to speed the memory I have can run?
It is 5400 mem so it should be able to run at 337mhz

It is 5400 mem so it should be able to run at 337mhz[/QUOTE said:
Sorry I meant if you happen to know the fastest speed the memory can run an voltage.

No, sorry, don't know much about your mem. But it should be able to run at it's rated speed at it's rated voltage. From there it's a matter of trial an error to find their optimum settings.

BigStan said:
No, sorry, don't know much about your mem. But it should be able to run at it's rated speed at it's rated voltage. From there it's a matter of trial an error to find their optimum settings.

Ok thanks Bigstan,

ANother offtopic question. Do you think the p5wd2 + the p4 630 will be better to run under WINDOWS XP PRO X64 or XP PRO 32 bit? is there any noticeable performance diference?

Thanks

32 bit wins until theres true 64 bit apps and whatnot - half the stuff out refuses to run on windows 64 bit, so stick with vanilla XP until 64 bit is more mainstream

BTW, VERY nice OC out of that 630 - i pushed 4.85 out of my friends 640 on WC :attn:

Ocdreams what ^^^ said. Not much 64bit software out there and HW manufactures are not real motivated to write native 64bit drivers. And if they do write them they are not spending much effort optimizing them. So although the Win64 might run faster, you lose some performance not having quality drivers and app. So for now regular Win is prolly the way to go.

I like the ghetto penny speed switch on your 1000000000mm "case fan" :clap:

Run prime 95 for a couple hours and then check out the temp :cool:

hUMANbEATbOX said:
HAH, good eye ;)

that's a nice oc on stock air...when do we get to see some WC results?? :)

Thanks bigstan, Sneaky, hUMANbEATbOX, and K15 for your inputs.

As mentioned this was just a test. I wanted to make sure I was going to be able to run at least 4ghz+ on water. Also as mentioned in the first post I have a koolance exos setup But my cpu block its not compatible with the 775 motherboard. So Im planning on making my own Custom WC setup as soon as posible. I hope to get everything I need by this week. I'll report back.

Aalso I bought an extra 1gb of the 5400c4pro. I ran a sandra memory bandwidth and got 7100 score. Is that average or a good score for this memory?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back