• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this one good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K15

http://www.tr2tt.com/products/psu/w006970/w006970.htm

It's for an Athlon 64 3700+ with one HDD, average video card, 1gb ram and 2 fans (aside from the chipset, CPU and PS fans).
Is 18A enough for the 12V+? If I do any overclocking at all, it will be very moderate (I will not go searching for any "limit" really). Retail this PSU would probably be about 60 bucks. I'de say it's comfortably better than the 15-20 dollar crappers, but I won't want to waste money on watts I will never use.

thermaltake doesn't make the best PSUs, they're ok but not great

how much are you willing to spend? if it's up to $60, i'd get the Fortron AX450 for $57 shipped from newegg, it has dual 18A 12v rails, each rail going up to 216W, a 3700+ san diego core CPU takes 104W according to tomshardware so you should be good even with some overclocking

Last edited:
Oklahoma Wolf said:

Those look good, and cheaper than the thermaltake I was looking at. I could do the first link. I already ordered a cheaper PSU a couple days ago but I got an email that they didn't have my video card stock, so I may be able to change the PSU. I may just get a refund for the video card and PSU and then get a video card and PSU from NCIX.

Oklahoma Wolf said:
It'll even let you overclock ;)

Very good :cool: Glad I read here first. Though now I hope I can cancel the order on the inferior PSU I bought before :bang head

Back