• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soon to spank some more WU's!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apenland01

Just got the go ahead from the CFO (Wife) to upgrade my computer and give my current Barton rig to my folks as a Christmas gift. I will mandate that they have to fold for me and then I will have 3 rigs folding!! Aaaaahhhhhhhh, hahahaha, I'm going out the rails on the folding train!! :D :D

Ciao,

Alf

Fantastic! :beer: :beer:

Edit: If you want to get points go Intel so you can fold QMD's.

do not go pentium D. The heat on these things is just wrong. Wait for Conroe or Presler/Cedar Mill. But the 707ppd i get of my D is nice

Memory

My initial thought is to take the 512 Mushkin memory and put it into my new system and put lesser memory into this system for my folks. The reason is that they simply don't have a high demand on their system since they only do the basics with their computer. Is there better memory or more relevant memory for my new system? I am looking at the venice 3200 with Epox MB to replace this barton system.

Any thoughts?

I like to be the CSO (Chief Spending Officer) but you know how budget allocations go. If one department spends money then the other gets to spend equally. "Dear, do you need any new sewing or craft gadgets?". Response, "Let me guess, you want another mobo and chip?" :drool: :drool: :drool:

AlabamaCajun said:
I like to be the CSO (Chief Spending Officer) but you know how budget allocations go. If one department spends money then the other gets to spend equally. "Dear, do you need any new sewing or craft gadgets?". Response, "Let me guess, you want another mobo and chip?" :drool: :drool: :drool:

sounds VERY familiar.... i go spend $200 on an upgrade... she then goes... "Hunny, i LOVE you.... but i just spent $200 on purses and sims expansions".

AlabamaCajun said:

Oh for the love of God, I didn't realize there was such company for my spending misery!! I would be so happy if I could only find a consistant revenue source for my upgrading habit....... :D :D

TollhouseFrank said:
sounds VERY familiar.... i go spend $200 on an upgrade... she then goes... "Hunny, i LOVE you.... but i just spent $200 on purses and sims expansions".

LMFAO sims expansions :bang head

Massive Delay

When my new Opty 170 got here yesterday, about 20 pins in the middle of the chip were bent down flat. I have requested an RMA, but this is definitely going to slow down the new system getting built since CPU's are sort of important for processing.

Wish me luck.

Great Service...

There is hope for a merry computer Christmas after all! Page Computers is expediting the RMA process by sending me a new chip and billing me for it. They will then credit my account for the cost of the new chip when they receive the defective one. That is great service and makes me much happier!! :D :D

Props to Page Computer and BOO HISS to Fedex for botching the delivery in the first place.

Oh yeah.....

and then I'm gonna start spankin some serious WU's after Christmas!!!! Watch out, here I come to get ya!!! :D :D

It's official........

3 processors in the last 7 days.

Here I go!!!!! :D :D

Santa's confused elves: I am folding under my username, apenland01

Last edited:
Back